Monday, January 6, 2014

Handsome Pewter Vest

Wow!  I cannot believe it's already 2014.  I am so excited about my new blog and I can't wait to create new patterns.  As promised, here's the Handsome Vest I knit my son for Christmas.  Thank you, Chris Hess for being a great model.  You look very professional.

I found this on www.ravelry.com one of my favorite knitting pattern sites and it is a free, public pattern.  On Ravelry, it is listed as Handsome Pewter Vest, but when you click on it, it becomes Dad's Cabled Vest.  I love the tiny cables running up the front and the plain back.  I used a different yarn than called for in the original pattern.  I used Deborah Norville Collection, Premier Yarns, "Alpaca Dance", in Silver Fog.  This yarn is 75% Acrylic and 25% Alpaca.  I LOVE this since the vest I'm replacing for Chris was reduced to practically doll size in the dryer.  This yarn and vest is still hand wash cold, dry flat, but I think it would be fine if he machine washed cold on gentle cycle and dried flat.

Selfie of the Handsome Pewter Vest on Chris.  In the bathroom. Ah well.  Still, it looks nice and I like the purple shirt, too.

Here is the link to the free pattern:
Handsome Pewter Vest

No comments:

Post a Comment