Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy All Saints Day!

Do you know what that means???  Exactly.  It means Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means I have less than two months to finish knitting any Christmas presents for this year! HOLY KNITTING, BATMAN!  So far I have two and a half afghans, one dog sweater, a doll sweater and a doll skirt.  SO, time to seriously start in on the American Girl 18" doll clothes to fill up the cute basket I found. 

So here's an example of the doll patterns to come (I promise to improve on this one):

Well, to be clear, I'll have to knit one with two sleeves with equal lengths and equal numbers of chevrons.  DAMN!  I didn't even see this until I posted this picture.  Luckily, I doubt the doll will notice and pretty sure my granddaughter, Riley, won't care. 

This, once knitted up correctly, (and please sleep knit - thus the two different arms) will fit an 18" American Girl Doll.  I knit this one for Kit, Riley's new American Girl  doll.  See the Sweater Pattern on the new Doll knitting pattern page. 

P.S. I'll have a link to the skirt pattern on Ravelry, too.

P.P.S.  I need an American Girl Doll for a model

No comments:

Post a Comment