Sunday, September 6, 2015

Table Mate table socks

You read it right.  Table Socks.  Table leg socks.  Whatever you want to call them.  We have a Table Mate that my mate uses for his laptop.  He loves this plastic table, and as ugly as it is, it serves his purpose perfectly.  The only problem is that the metal legs are scratching our wooden floors.  Well, laminate floors, but they would scratch if they were wood, too. So, what to do?  Table socks.
You can knit these with any yarn. And they are seamless.  They are knit on two straight knitting needles and they create a tube for the table leg.  It's pretty cool. I chose wool because I'm hoping for durability.  Also, if they get dirty, I'll throw them in the wash and they'll felt and be even better. Oh, did I mention, our floors are no longer being scratched (by the table, can't vouch for the animals)?  AND, it makes the thing slide back and forth much more easily. Table socks.  Try 'em.  You'll like 'em.




No comments:

Post a Comment